It’s hard to believe that 156 years ago, the Wayne County Agriculture Society became a chartered organization and laid the groundwork for the Wayne County Fair as we know it today. In 1862, the first order of business was to find enough land to host events and to hold enough patrons. Twenty two acres of land was purchased along the Dyberry river and the construction of a half-mile long track began. In 1902, the fair outgrew the speed-trial track and moved their events to a larger grandstand. Eventually that grandstand would expand again in 1931 to house 2000 patrons, sixty concession stands, harness racing, livestock contests and concert events.
All these years later, the Wayne County Fair sees over 100,000 visitors each summer and continues to be a family tradition where farm meets food and fun!
TICKET SALE LOCATIONS
● Pay-One-Price – $10 per person ages 24 months and older. This includes free parking, free rides and most grandstand shows all day, every day!
● Tickets can be purchased at the admission gate
● Senior Citizens Days – $5 per person, ages 62+ – Friday, August 3 (ALL DAY) & Wednesday, August 8 (ALL DAY)
● Season Tickets – $40 per person
● Save by purchasing tickets in advance!
● Season tickets are for admission to the grounds only and do not include rides
● Season tickets are on sale at these Honesdale locations:
● Dirlam Brothers Lumber Co. – Sunrise Ave.
● Iron Hill at 1940 -Roosevelt Highway, Waymart
● Turkey Hill Convenient Store – Main St.
● Wayne County Fair Office – Fair week only
Pay-One-Price does not include food, beverages, midway games, side shows, grandstand admission to certain events, or monster truck shows.
Price of admission to the grandstand includes 10% Amusement Tax levied by Dyberry Township.
PLAN YOUR FAIR EXPERIENCE
Midway by Wade Shows
● Fairgrounds open at 9AM
● Midway and rides are open 12 Noon – 11PM
● All Exhibit Buildings are open from 10AM to 10PM
● (NOTICE: For the public’s safety, the barns will be closed during all livestock shows.)
● All livestock shows take place in the arena
● Sorry, no pets are allowed in the fairgrounds
● No beer or alcohol allowed in the fairgrounds
● Please notice that all rides have a posted height requirement
● ATMs are available at the Honesdale National Bank 1962 Dodge Panel Van, at the Main Gate and by the Security Office behind Grandstand
● Strollers, wheelchairs and scooters are available to rent between the office and the main entrance
Thank you to all 74,684 visitors of the 156th Wayne County Fair. We'll see you next year at the 157th Wayne County Fair, August 2-10, 2019! Dismiss